Benefits of Drinking Water
Hydration is required to keep the body functioning at its prime capacity at virtually every level. A list in its entirety is unreasonable, but here are 10 keynote benefits. Remember being dehydrated poses the reverse of these benefits.
1. American Journal of Epidemiology found that those who drink more than 5 glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from a heart attack during the study period than those who drank less than two glasses
2. Eliminates extra calories, fat, and sugars found in juice, pop, sports drink, ect...
3. Removes toxins. Keeps kidneys healthy.
4. Aids in digestion
5. Activates fiber, helping prevent atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes and other diseases.
6. Assist in discrepancy of hunger pangs and thirst.
7. Clearer thinking.
8. Is the number one resolvent of headaches.
9. Keeps the circulatory system in check and carries nutrients to cells.
10. Avoids dehydration symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness/cramps, and nausea.
Water truly is a titan when it comes to importance to not only health but fitness. Read number 10 over again and you will see that athletic performance, cardio, and weight training performance will be hampered greatly by something as simple as not drinking water.
Design Against Dehydration
1. The body wakes up dehydrated. During several hours of sleep the body is still using water. Take a second to notice the feeling of dehydration, this will help you determine what it feels like to by thirsty compared to hunger pangs. Then start your day with a glass of water before your breakfast.
2. Carry a water bottle with you. If your thirsty you will have water available.
3. Make it a habit. When you water bottle becomes empty fill it back up.
4. Know just how much you need a day. Divide your weight(lbs) in two, that is the number of ounces you should roughly consume 150lbs/2= 75oz. Factor in individuals may vary along with activity and sweat level. 5. Dark colored urine is a sign of dehydration.
6. Caffeine may hinder hydration do to its diuretic effect.You urinate faster not allowing water to be absorbed.
Arm your self for success. Your car is designed through man to run on gasoline. Your body is designed through evolution to run on water. Enjoy a small glass of juice, rehydrate with some Gatorade after a hard workout, but focus on what is natural. Cold Refreshing Water.